Location: Monona Historical Museum and History Center at 304 South Egbert Street in Monona, Iowa
Audience: For anyone who is interested in wood carving or a current wood carver. This session provides an opportunity to become introduced to the art, skills, and techniques necessary to become a Wood Carver.
1. What is Wood Carving?
2. Types and varieties of wood most recommended for general wood carving.
3. Introduction to tools used in wood carving.
4. Introduction to methods used in sharpening wood carving tools.
5. Types of wood carving projects.
6. Safety when doing tool sharpening and wood carving.
Open Wood Carving:
1. For those who have an understanding in the art of wood carving, who have been introduced to the skills of wood carving, understand how to use wood carving tools properly, and willing to devote some time to a most enjoyable, relaxing hobby, are invited to join the Monona Wood Carvers Group at the Monona Historical Museum each Tuesday afternoon, 1 to 4 P.M., and each Thursday evening from 6 to 9 P.M.
2. There is no charge to join in the fun and fellowship shared by all members and guests.
3. Each carver is responsible for their own tools and materials.
4. Supervision and guidance will be offered for anyone requesting help on a project.
Contact and Class Information:
504 S. Egbert Street
Monona, Iowa 52159
Home Phone: 563-539-2640
Cell Phone: -563-880-0343